We’re passionate about birds and nature. That’s why we opened a Wild Birds Unlimited Nature Shop in our community.
275953 Highway 101
Gardiner, WA 98382
Phone: (360) 797-7100
Email: Send Message
Mon - Fri: 9:00 am - 6:00 pm
Sat - Sun: 9:00 am - 6:00 pm
Did you know we are much more than a bird feeding store? We have 65+ local artists works in our shop, we specialize in recycled plastic patio furniture as well as the best selection of bird feeding supplies on the Olympic Peninsula. Stop by and charge your electric vehicle at our free charging station, take a walk through our beautiful public garden with a breath-taking view of Discovery Bay or just come in for a visit with our shop cat, Luther. We look forward to seeing you in Gardiner!
• Loon chicks begin to dive for their own food.
• Gray Jays (aka Whiskey Jacks) are common at campsites where they are fearless.
• Bats begin mating in mid-August.
• American Widgeon and Surf Scoters arrive this month.
• Black-headed Grosbeaks, the earliest fall transient, depart, followed by the Bullock’s Oriole.
• Goldfinches nesting.
• Steller's Jays and squirrels fight over green hazelnuts.
• Douglas Squirrels drop fir cones to stash for winter.
• Rufous Hummingbirds depart the lowlands and begin their migration to Mexico.
• Yellow-bellied Marmots and Beldings Ground Squirrels begin their long winter hibernation.
• Flocks of Vaux’s Swifts migrate through. Watch them dive into chimneys to roost in the evening.
• Keep hummingbird feeders full. Rufous Hummingbirds will almost double their weight before migrating.
• Perseids Meteor shower is mid-month.