We’re passionate about birds and nature. That’s why we opened a Wild Birds Unlimited Nature Shop in our community.
275953 Highway 101
Gardiner, WA 98382
Phone: (360) 797-7100
Email: Send Message
Mon - Fri: 9:00 am - 6:00 pm
Sat - Sun: 9:00 am - 6:00 pm
Did you know we are much more than a bird feeding store? We have 65+ local artists works in our shop, we specialize in recycled plastic patio furniture as well as the best selection of bird feeding supplies on the Olympic Peninsula. Stop by and charge your electric vehicle at our free charging station, take a walk through our beautiful public garden with a breath-taking view of Discovery Bay or just come in for a visit with our shop cat, Luther. We look forward to seeing you in Gardiner!
• Peregrine Falcon males are courting the larger females.
• Ospreys return and begin readying their nests near water where fish are abundant.
• Purple Martins return.
• Evening Grosbeaks return to bird feeding stations for sunflower seed treats.
• Migratory departures - Snow Geese, American Widgeon, Surf Scoter, Dunlin, Ruby-crowned Kinglet, Gold-crowned Sparrow.
• Migratory arrivals - Western Tanager, Black-headed Grosbeak, Bullock’s Oriole, Vaux's Swift, flycatchers, Western Wood-Pewee, Swainson’s Thrush and Yellow Warbler.
• Penstemon, a favorite flower of hummingbirds, butterflies and bees, blooms.
• Black Cottonwoods shed their cottony seeds on breezy days.
• Western Tiger Swallowtail butterflies visit flowers.
• Turquoise-colored male Lazuli Buntings sing while rich brown females incubate eggs.
• Eta Aquarids meteor shower is early-May.
• International Migratory Bird Day is mid-May.