We’re passionate about birds and nature. That’s why we opened a Wild Birds Unlimited Nature Shop in our community.
275953 Highway 101
Gardiner, WA 98382
Phone: (360) 797-7100
Email: Send Message
Mon - Fri: 9:00 am - 6:00 pm
Sat - Sun: 9:00 am - 6:00 pm
Did you know we are much more than a bird feeding store? We have 65+ local artists works in our shop, we specialize in recycled plastic patio furniture as well as the best selection of bird feeding supplies on the Olympic Peninsula. Stop by and charge your electric vehicle at our free charging station, take a walk through our beautiful public garden with a breath-taking view of Discovery Bay or just come in for a visit with our shop cat, Luther. We look forward to seeing you in Gardiner!
• Project FeederWatch ends this month, www.birds.cornell.edu/pfw
• If it's an irruptive year, Snowy Owls depart for the Arctic.
• Caspian Tern, Barn Swallows, Purple Martins, Wilson’s Warblers and Common Yellowthroats arrive.
• Red-Breasted Nuthatch courtship behavior begins.
• Kildeer eggs are laid and incubated for 24-26 days.
• Great Blue Heron egg-laying begins in April with incubation lasting 28 days.
• One of the first native butterflies to emerge from its overwintering chrysalis is the Sara Orangetip.
• Rufous Hummingbirds migration from Mexico is in full swing.
• Listen for Ruffed Grouse drumming in the lower-elevation mixed woodlands.
• Two beautiful camas species (Camassia Quamash and C. Leichtlinii) are blooming now.
• Cliff Swallows come from southern South America to build their mud nests under eaves and bridges.
• Western Tanagers and Black-headed Grosbeaks arrive from central Mexican forests.
• Lyrids meteor shower, late-April.
The March for Science takes place in Seattle Saturday April, 22nd from 10am to 1pm. The Science March's platform is simple: "Science is the best method we have for understanding the world." Join the anti-alternative fact brigade and march to show your support this Earth Day. Details are: https://www.marchforscience.com/ https://www.risestronger.org/events/march-for-science-seattle Cal Anderson Park1635 11th Ave, Seattle, WA 98122 206-684-7250 http://www.seattle.gov/parks/park_detail.asp?ID=3102.
Earth Day, April 23. - Join us on the 23rd to Celebrate Earth Day here at Wild Birds Unlimited in Gardiner!!
Our local Wildlife Rehabbers will be here with their LIVE BIRDS of PREY. The Wind People will be playing
beautiful Native Northwest Flutes in our gardens. Local artist , wildlife advocates & enthusiasts will be on hand too.